White Card Course Sydney

white card course SydneyIndustry requires that all workers must have a Construction Induction card (White Card) to allow them access to construction sites. To get this qualification, you must attend a Construction Induction training course, commonly known in NSW as a White Card training. In other States, the construction industry has their own terminology for this training (Victoria Red Card; Queensland Blue Card, etc.). Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry (CPCCWHS1001) is a Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency.

This SafeWork NSW accredited course is delivered face-to-face at our Penrith training facility. Facilitation of this course can be arranged at client business premises, pending minimum booking numbers.
white card course Penrith

Course Code & Name

CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry

Download Course Flyer


$110.00 (inclusive of assessments, certificates, and cards)

If the student books themselves in either by phone or online the price will be $95.00 (with a CURRENT student ID card, High School student only) One (1) form of ID MUST be a photo ID.


If the student is booked in by the High School that they are attending, then the price will be $80.00 (with a CURRENT student ID card or a letter from the school) One (1) form of ID MUST be a photo ID.

Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd Entry Requirements:

  • Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number
  • Acceptable understanding of English, Learning, Literacy & Numeracy

SafeWork NSW Pre-Requisites

  • Be a minimum of 14 years of age
  • 100 points of Identification

Get a USI number here


Upcoming White Card Courses in Sydney NSW

Date/Time Event Location Price
16/06/2021 - 18/06/2021
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Traffic Control Combo + White Card - Penrith $550.00
21/06/2021 - 23/06/2021
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Traffic Control Combo + White Card - Penrith Penrith NSW $550.00
22/06/2021 - 24/06/2021
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Traffic Control Combo + White Card - Burwood Burwood NSW $550.00
23/06/2021 - 25/06/2021
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Traffic Control Combo + White Card - Penrith Penrith NSW $550.00
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
White Card / Construction Induction - Penrith $110.00
28/06/2021 - 30/06/2021
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Traffic Control Combo + White Card - Penrith Penrith NSW $550.00
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
White Card / Construction Induction - Penrith Penrith NSW $110.00
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
White Card / Construction Induction - Penrith $110.00


Frequently Asked Questions

For information about our Construction Induction (White Card) Training courses, please take a look at the FAQs below. For any additional queries, don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly team and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Is Trans-Plant Training a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) for General Construction Induction Training?

Yes, Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd is a SafeWork NSW approved White Card Training Provider, and our courses are run by fully qualified Trainers & SafeWork Accredited Assessors.

For how long will my card be valid?

White Cards are valid for lifetime use and have no expiry date. However for your protection, SafeWork NSW recommends retraining for workers who haven’t worked on a construction site for two or more years in order to update your skills and knowledge.

Do I need a White Card to complete Traffic Control training?

Yes, you will require a valid NSW SafeWork White Card (or interstate equivalent) to be onsite at one of our traffic control courses.

What ID requirements do I need to get my White Card?

Photo identification is required for all of our courses. These may be your Passport, Drivers licence, Photo ID card, Student Card, or another form of identification listed in the table below. The White Card course requires 100 points of ID from any of the ones listed.

Both primary and secondary documents are accepted for the 100 points of ID required for the course. Listed below are the documents that may be provided for identification. You can provide one (1) primary document with other secondary documents for 100 points of ID. Alternatively, you may provide a combination of secondary documents for 100 points. The combination of documents must contain a date of birth, current residential address, photograph and signature. Please bring original evidence of identity documents with you. Certified copies will not be accepted.

If you are unable to provide the correct ID, by law, you will not be permitted into the course.

How often do your courses run?

We conduct White Card training courses on a biweekly basis (every 2 weeks). For a complete schedule of our courses, please refer to our Calendar page. If a particular course is not listed on your preferred date and time of availability, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Is the certificate valid for use nationally?

Yes. As of the first of September, the General Induction/White Card is now valid for use and recognised nationally.

What happens if my card is lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed?

Application forms for replacement are available on the SafeWork NSW website under “Replacement of a SafeWork NSW Construction Induction Card, form number ACC06”. To replace your card, you will need to pay the associated fee of $30, together with proof of training details, identification and a signed statutory declaration. Further information can be found on SafeWork NSW’s website or phone 13 10 50.

Do you offer online courses for the White Card training program?

No. Due to the nature of the training program, we currently do not offer this course online.

What’s the difference between a “Green Card” and a “White Card”?

Under the WHS Induction courses, participants were previously issued “Green Cards”. With legislation changes, this has been updated to the NSW “White Card”.

How do I book a course online?

To book a course online, you may submit a booking enquiry via this page or our Calendar page by selecting ‘Book’ next to your desired course date and submitting your details. Our team will then be in touch with you to confirm your enrolment in the course.

How do I pay?

Payment for your course will be done via credit/debit card over the phone or on-site before your training commences. Bank transfers are also accepted.

Volume of Learning

New Workers, and Existing Industry Workers:

  • Classroom learning: 6 hours
  • Theory assessment: 1 hour
  • Practical assessment: 1 hour
  • Breaks: 1 hour

Recognition of Prior Learning

Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd does not currently offer Recognition of Prior Learning for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the ConstructionIndustry.

Topics Covered

  • Implementing Health and Safety for the Workplace
  • Hazard identification
  • Workplace emergencies and First Aid
  • Consultation and communication in WH&S
  • Identifying cautionary signage
  • Workplace injury management
  • Responsibilities and obligations of workers
  • Responsibilities and obligations of employer
  • Role and function of Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s)
  • Construction site observation
  • Procedure for resolving health and safety issues
  • Hazard management procedures
  • Understanding codes of practice
  • Work Health and Safety Legislation
  • Safe manual handling practices
  • Hazardous substances in the construction industry
  • Safe work practices
  • Hazards of plant and machinery
  • Electrical hazards

On Completion

On successful completion of CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry, participants will be issued with a Statement of National WHS General Construction Induction Training certificate by SafeWork NSW, a Statement ofAttainment issued by Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd, and a Work Health and Safety General Construction Induction card, issued by SafeWork NSW.