People required to control traffic with a stop-slow bat must undertake training to become an authorised traffic controller. This traffic controller training course allows you to stop and slow traffic as required. Whilst the general public refer to controllers as lollipop operators, the responsibilities of these key people are greater than most realise.
This course addresses the skills and knowledge for those responsible for stopping and starting traffic in temporary traffic management using a stop/slow bat or boom gate. This program is a good entry point for those wishing to establish themselves into the traffic control/management industry.
This course does not qualify a participant to set up or work with traffic control plans.
To obtain a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training (TCWT) card, training and assessment must be carried out by a SafeWork NSW approved training provider.
Course fee: $300
inclusive of 90-day SafeWork of Completion certificate, Statement of Attainment, and SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training Card
On-site final assessment : $70
- Must be 17 years of age and above
- Must provide Evidence of Identity for 100 points (original documentation)
- Evidence to demonstrate Australian / New Zealand Citizenship or Residency
- Failure to meet the ID requirements means you cannot commence the course
- Overseas Student Visa holders are NOT permitted to enrol in this course
- Must hold a White Card or equivalent prior to undertaking this course
- Have physical ability to complete practical assessments
- Attend Trans-Plant Training Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test
- Must provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Units Of Competency
RIIWHS205E Control Traffic with a Stop-Slow Bat
RIIWHS201E Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures
RIICOM201E Communicate in the Workplace
RIIWHS206 Control traffic with portable traffic control devices and temporary traffic signs
- Classroom activities
- Theory questionnaire and group activities
- Minimum practical traffic control simulation using full scale devices and vehicles in controlled and safe environment
Assessments are to be completed as per the RII resources and infrastructure training package requirements, whereby all units of competency must be assessed on the job on a minimum of two (2) separate occasions (in the context of traffic control at worksites)
Assessments will include:
- Theory questionnaires and activities
- On the job practical application and observation (by a SafeWork NSW approved RTO)
- Provision of workplace samples and documentation
- Stop/direct road users using a stop/slow bat and understand stopping sight distances
Monitor traffic with portable traffic control devices and temporary traffic signs according to traffic management plans and traffic guidance schemes
- Maintain traffic incident reports
- Understand the Traffic GuidanceSchemes(TGSs)also known as Traffic Management Plans(TMPs)for the site
- Assess and respond to changes in the environment, for example traffic volumes
weather conditions, road conditions, Work Health and Safety(WHS)and operational requirements
- Carry out risk assessments for personal safety
- Participate in toolbox talks(specific to traffic control).
- Use communication methods and devices
- Conform to traffic control policy and procedures
THIS COURSE DOES NOT QUALIFY A PARTICIPANT TO SET UP, WORK WITH, DESIGN, OR MODIFY TRAFFIC CONTROL PLANS, TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLANS, OR TRAFFIC CONTROL GUIDANCE SCHEMES
On successful completion of Traffic Controller, participants will be issued with a Statement of Completion by Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd, and a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Competency Card, issued by SafeWork NSW
View all traffic control courses delivered by Trans-Plant Training in Sydney.
BROADWALK ARCADE, Suite 1E,
458-470 High Street, PENRITH NSW 2750