RIIMPO320E – Conduct civil construction excavator operations
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to conduct excavator operations safely within the civil construction, rail infrastructure and mining industries. It includes planning and preparing for operations; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating the excavator; lifting, carrying and placing materials; selecting, removing and fitting attachments; relocating the excavator; carrying out operator maintenance and cleaning up.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to operate excavator operations to lift carry and place materials.
This unit applies to those working in site-based roles.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors, and must be sourced from state jurisdictions prior to applying this unit.
This course covers the conduct of excavator operations in the civil construction industry. It includes:
- Planning & preparing
- Conducting machine pre-operational checks
- Hazard identification, assess risks and control measures
- Systematic and efficient control of all vehicle functions
- Lifting, carrying and placing materials
- Selecting, removing and fitting attachments
- Relocating equipment and clean, check and maintain plant and equipment
- Clean up work area
To enrol in this course, please call us on 1800 577 301 to reserve your place, as places are limited.