Elevating Work Platform (EWP)-Over 11m
Boom Lift Over 11m Operator Licence / High Risk Work Licence Overview
Course code: TLILIC0005
Course name: Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
This course provides participants the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a boom-type Elevating Work Platform (EWP) where the length of the boom is 11 metres or more in accordance with all relevant legislative requirements. Competence in this unit, does not in itself result in a High Risk Work Licence to operate this plant.
Boom-type elevating work platform means a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device, or any combination of these, used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated
Course participants will gain theoretical knowledge as well as practical skills in the following
- Compliance with WHS Licensing legislation
- Types/Uses of EWPs
- Job Safety Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Inspection and Pre-Operational Checks
- Safety/Warning Decal Interpretation
- Safety Harnesses
- Set Up and Operate EWP
- Emergency Procedures
- Shut Down EWP
Cost: $600 Chrismas and New Year special $539
This training program is consisting of 2 days training and 1 day assessment
- Up to 6 hours for initial Training
- Up to 6 hours for further training then pre-assessment. (Additional charges apply for re-training)
- Includes 1 WorkCover Assessment per person (Additional charges apply for re-assessments)
- Up to 3 hours for WorkCover Assessment in Theory and Calculations all applicants at the same time. Up to about ½ an hour each for the practical assessment conducted individually
Once the SafeWork NSW assessment has been successfully completed, you will receive a SafeWork NSW Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (NSA) which is valid for 60 days. A licence application fee is payable to Australia Post for the licence card which is issued by SafeWork NSW and is nationally recognised. The licence will need to be renewed with SafeWork NSW every five(5) years.
Common Question: Can I operate other type of mobile elevating work platform with this licence?
In short: This licence does NOT allow you to operate a scissor lift
Operators of any MEWP that does not fall into the High Risk Work Category – this would include scissor lifts or vertical lifts of any platform height, or boom lifts under 11m – should receive adequate information, training and instruction on the use of that type of MEWP. This can be by completing the relevant Yellow Card Module.
In some instances, you may need BOTH a High Risk Work License and Yellow Card. E.g. If you are required to operate a scissor lift of any platform height as well as a boom lift over 11m.