White Card Training for construction industry workers in Sydney NSW

Construction Induction / White Card Training

CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry



Industry requires that all workers must have a Construction Induction card, to allow them access to construction sites. To get this qualification, you must attend a Construction Induction training course, commonly known in NSW as a White Card training. In other States, the construction industry has their own terminology for this training (Victoria Red Card; Queensland Blue Card, etc).

CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry is a Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency. A NSW White Card is a requirement for entry into Trans-Plant Training’s Traffic Control Courses in Sydney.

This SafeWork NSW accredited course is delivered face-to-face at our Penrith training facility. Facilitation of this course can be arranged at client business premises, pending minimum booking numbers

SafeWork NSW Pre-Requisites

  • Be a minimum of 14 years of age
  • 100 points of Identification (Evidence of Identity table below)

Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd Entry Requirements:

  • Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number
  • Acceptable understanding of English, Learning, Literacy & Numeracy

Get a USI number here


Upcoming Courses


Download Course Flyer

Volume of LearningNew Workers, and Existing Industry Workers:

  • Pre-course: 2 hours
  • Classroom learning: 4.5 hours
  • Theory assessment: 1 hour
  • Practical assessment: 1 hour

On CompletionOn successful completion of CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry, participants will be issued with a Statement of National WHS General Construction Induction Training certificate by SafeWork NSW, a Statement of Attainment issued by Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd, and a Work Health and Safety General Construction Induction card , issued by SafeWork NSW

Course Code and Name CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
Cost $110.00 (inclusive of assessments, certificates, and cards)
Recognition of Prior Learning Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd does not currently offer Recognition of Prior Learning for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
Topics Covered
  • Implementing Health and Safety for the Workplace
  • Hazard identification
  • Workplace emergencies and First Aid
  • Consultation and communication in WH&S
  • Identifying cautionary signage
  • Workplace injury management
  • Responsibilities and obligations of workers
  • Responsibilities and obligations of employer
  • Role and function of Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s)
  • Construction site observation
  • Procedure for resolving health and safety issues
  • Hazard management procedures
  • Understanding codes of practice
  • Work Health and Safety Legislation
  • Safe manual handling practices
  • Hazardous substances in the construction industry
  • Safe work practices
  • Hazards of plant and machinery
  • Electrical hazards

To enrol in this course, please call us on 1800 889 029 or 02 4736 4735 to reserve your place as places are limited.


Australian Birth Certificate/card issued by Registers of Births Deaths and Marriages 70pts
Passport – Australian or International (current or expired within last two years, but not cancelled) 70pts
Australian Citizenship Certificate 70pts
Current Australian driver’s licence 40pts
Current Australian learner driver’s licence/permit 40pts
Current Australian boat operator’s photo licence (NOTE: only the Personal Watercraft Licence is issued in NSW with a photo and is acceptable. The NSW non-photo boat licence is not acceptable) 40pts
Current NSW firearms 40pts
Current Australian issued high risk work photo licence 40pts
Current state/territory proof of age card (e.g. a RMS issued photo card) 40pts
Australian defence or Police photo ID card 40pts
Department of Veterans Affairs card 25pts
Current Centrelink card 25pts
Property (council) rates notice 25pts
Property lease agreement 25pts
Home insurance papers 25pts
Utility bills – e.g. water, electricity, gas 25pts
Telephone account 25pts
Current Medicare card 25pts
Current motor vehicle registration or insurance papers 25pts
Credit/savings cards, Bank statements 25pts
Correctional Centre inmate master index number photo card 40pts
Correctional Centre inmate master index number card 5pts
Letter of verification from the department of corrective services 25pts

Special Provisions apply for school students, Correctional Centres, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and Overseas Persons recently arrived in Australia (less than 6 weeks) – contact us for more information.


Construction Induction courses conducted by Trans-Plant Training Pty Ltd are done under RTO#: 21488, are accredited through SafeWork NSW, and are applied by qualified Trainers & SafeWork Accredited Assessors